Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Got da Fever...

I've been working on getting this site up to speed with everything uploaded.  I've been going through the boring motion of uploading and linking.  Just making sure that the database is the way i want it.  No joy, but just mechanical actions.

I took a break yesterday and was browsing the Kentucky Explorer magazine.  It laid open to a picture that intrigued me.  It was a family portrait that was taken about 1901 or so.  The woman looked at me through the decades.  She "spoke" to me.  She and I looked at each other and I tried to place her.  so familiar.

Suddenly, the names in the caption tore my gaze away.  Sparks.  Cox.  Brinegar.  There was a location, Station Camp.

My attention was pulled from whatever else was occupying my mind and given to the magazine.

Cynthia Sparks Cox.  Coleman Cox.  five of their children, but they were unidentified.  The submitter was asking for help.  A grin spread across my face.  I knew them.  Cynthia was a younger sister to my great-great-grandfather, John Graddison Sparks.

I looked to find the contact information for the submitter and grabbed the phone.  She and I spoke for about thirty minutes and agreed that we'd talk next week when we both could gather our information.  We exchanged contact information and then said good-bye.

I stood up with a huge grin and turned to my family.  I did my trademark "happy genealogy dance."  Don't laugh, you know you've done it too.

The spark's back and bigger than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment